REQUIREMENTS FOR INDUCTION:
- Proposal by a member in good standing
- Approval of Membership Committee, Board of Directors and general
- Assignment of classification
- Receipt of the completed Rotary application form, current photograph appropriate for the picture roster and payment of the one-time initiation fee payable to the Rotary Club of Akron.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Attendance at weekly meetings (lunch costs not included in dues)
- Payment of annual dues. ( A pro-rated dues invoice from the date of induction to the end of the Rotary year will be sent. Do not send a dues check at this time.)
- Volunteer birthday contribution during your birthday month
- Support of club activities and serve on a committee
- Support of Rotary International
Membership in the Rotary Club of Akron offers value to its members through the following:
- business contacts
- informative programs
- community service
- community connection
- leadership opportunities
- personal development
- expand knowledge and awareness
An important distinction between Rotary and other organizations is that membership in Rotary is by invitation. Rotary clubs invite individuals to join and become members.
Membership is vital to a Rotary club's operations and community service activities. A primary goal of the club is to continually expand the club with committed members who have the interest and ability to get involved in service and humanitarian projects. Prospective members must:
- hold - or be retired from - a professional, proprietary, executive, or managerial position;
- have the capacity to meet the club's weekly attendance or community project participation requirements;
- live or work within the locality of the club or the surrounding area.